- Senior High 6:00 - 8:30 PM
- Junior High 5:00 - 7:00 PM
- September 22: Open Cave Begins 5-8:00PM. Dinner is served at 5PM followed by choir rehearsals, homework time or just hanging out. One Life Bible Study from 7-8PM.
*Parent volunteers are needed to cook dinners and to chaperone in the cave.
- September 27: ASP Sunday … ASP participants will lead the morning worship services and offer a continental breakfast between services to celebrate the generosity of the congregation for this great summer mission trip.
- October 4: Youth Group Begins for both JH & SH … 2nd Annual Great Race! 4-8 PM (note time change) . … We had a great time with this last year.
*Parent / Adult drivers are needed to chauffer youth around the local area chasing clues and completing events!
- October 11: regular meeting times. CROP WALK has moved to 10/18.
- October 18 NEW DATE: CROP WALK: Consider this a warm-up for Walk Their Walk!
- The walk starts at 1PM at the United Methodist Church in Bound Brook and will conclude their around 3PM. The Cave will be open to hang-out from 3-4PM for both JH & SH.
- October 18, David M. Bailey in concert here at the church at 6:30PM. This concert will be for the whole church and the community. David is talented singer and songwriter whose story and music will appeal to youth and adults. He was diagnosed in 2006 with a malignant brain tumor and was given six months to live. He is still around and going strong. Share his journey and his music with us!
JH & SH are welcome to hangout in the Cave from 5-6:30. A short meeting with David Bailey will try to be arranged.
*Parent/Adult and Youth help will be needed for both youth group and for the concert.
- October 20 (Tuesday): Imagine Youth & Families Conversation 6:30-8PM: Parents of children and youth as well as junior and high and senior high students are invited to participate in a discussion focused on the future of our ministries to Children, Youth and Families. This is part of our strategic planning purpose leading the to call of a Senior Pastor. We plan to host three gatherings on Tuesday evenings, once a month.
- October 25: DORNEY PARK HALLOWEEKEND FUN: This is a great event for both Junior High and Senior High. We will meet in the cemetery parking lot at 11:30 AM and will return by 9 PM.
*We will need parent volunteers to chaperone this event. Please sign up by contacting Linda Owens. Space will be limited. COST: $30
- November 1: NYC Marathon Celebration & Capture the Pumpkin: Steve Yacik will be running in the NYC Marathon for World Vision today and we want to celebrate his effort and ask the question what would you do for something that is important to you! In addition we will play our favorite fall game in the cemetery!
Linda will be at the NYC Marathon cheering on Steve and will get back to church mid-youth group (around 6 PM).
*Parent/Adult volunteers will be needed to run programming for JH & SH that night. An outline of the evening and materials will be provided.
- November 7 (Saturday): Peace On Earth Market: JH & SH will be staffing two tables that day. One for Walk Their Walk registrations and another to sell items for Chikumbuso , an organization supported by World Vision that helps widows and orphans in Zambia. Youth will be asked to sign up for two-hour shifts from 8:30 until 4:30.
- Parent/Adult Volunteer help can be used here to work with the youth at their tables.
- November 8: The Theme tonight is WATER! Youth Group will play games and investigate issues related to the need for clean water.
- November 10 (Tuesday): Imagine Youth and Families Conversation, 6:30-8 PM: Part two of our discussion about the future of our ministries to Children, Youth and Families. Parents of children and youth as well as junior high and senior high youth are welcome to attend.
- November 14 (Saturday): Walk Their Walk at Duke Island Park , 9 AM: This is our BIG event to raise funds for our friends in Twachiyanda. We are continuing our work to help provide the people of Twachiyanda with access to clean water and proper sanitation. This event is meant to be a community event … so invite friends and neighbors to walk or run. There will be lots more information available about this event in the coming weeks.
*Lots of parent and adult help will be needed to organize and run this event!
- November 15: No Youth Group
- November 22: 2 nd Annual Guitar Hero Contest! Both groups will host their own guitar hero competition complete with award ceremony! Heroic efforts of all sorts will be recognized.
*For this night we will need both parent/adult help AND at least one more wii system!
- November 29: TGIF???? Thank God For _________ Night. Gratitude will be the theme. Very timely don't you think!
- December 4-6: Youth Retreat at Paradise Lake ! You don't want to miss this. We will have a great time. This year we are going to take a go at the rock climbing wall. Registrations for the retreat will be available in early November. We will leave from the church parking lot on Friday at 6PM and return on Sunday by 3PM.
*A minimum of six parents/adults are needed to staff this event. The cost of the retreat will be waived for volunteers. A retreat planning meeting for volunteers will be held Sunday, November 22 at 10:15AM in the Cave.
- December 8 (Tuesday): Imagine Youth and Families Conversation, 6:30-8 PM: Part three of our discussion about the future of our ministries to Children, Youth and Families. Parents of children and youth as well as junior high and senior high youth are welcome to attend.
- December 13: Christmas Choir Concert / No Youth Group
- December 20: Christmas Party! Bring a grab bag gift to share and something to eat or drink. We will celebrate the birth of Jesus youth group style!